Flower aesthetics is classic. Any room looks more alive and elegant when you put floral arrangements there. And how much joy there is in sending flowers to your loved ones!
This is an amazing way to lift a person’s spirits, show love and gratitude, or apologize. Buddha once said:
“If we could see the miracle of a single flower clearly, our whole life would change”.
He didn’t say it to us directly, but allegedly, this is a quote by the enlightened one. By sending flowers to someone, you can trigger a worldview-changing reaction, so why not?
We’ll teach you how to send such joy to another person!
Sending Flowers to Someone: A Step-By-Step
Sending flowers should always start with an image or a thought in your head. Think of the bouquet you’d love to deliver to a family member, a friend, a partner, etc. A clear picture in your mind will make the process much easier. Consider the size, where the recipient will put the present, whether they have allergies, etc.
And as we’re done with the theory and imagination parts, it’s time to get to work.
How to Send Flowers to Someone, Step 1: Gathering Information
The most important thing is to know where to send the flowers. Make sure you have the full name, address, and contact information of your recipient. Find out if the house can be accessed easily, if there are any peculiarities the delivery company should know about, etc.
If it’s a surprise, try to gather information in simple conversations or ask friends for help. Evaluate the situation – some people don’t like it when others share their address or phone number with anyone, even a flower delivery company.
Step 2: Finding a Reliable Company for Sending Flower Arrangements
You need a professional florist and a well-established company to trust your “I need to send flowers.” request.
Here are some requirements:
- Wide flower type and bouquet type ranges;
- Affordable prices;
- Different price ranges;
- Only fresh flowers;
- Efficient customer support;
- Flexible working hours;
- Same-day delivery option;
- An ability to show you the final arrangement before sending it (optional).
You can add your criteria to the list. The flower business is quite old, so there surely are companies that know how to deliver flowers in the best way and don’t ask a fortune for it.
Go online, read customer reviews of different companies, see if they have your budget range and the kind of flowers you need. If something is unclear, make sure to contact their customer support. They will guide you through the first delivery so that you know exactly how to work with this particular service.
Step 3: Need to Send Flowers? Place Your Order
The most important thing about how to mail flowers is actually making the order. You can do it on the website or via phone.
Here are some tips on how to make a successful order:
- Make sure you share all the needed details;
- Specify the date and time of delivery;
- Discuss what the delivery person should do if your recipient isn’t home at the stated time;
- Make sure there are no hidden fees you’ll have to pay;
- Ask for guarantees (freshness, refunds, etc.);
- Leave your contact information in case the delivery person needs anything;
- Have your PayPal or bank card information nearby.
Don’t hurry when making the order, take your time to specify all the details. If you can, tell the operator what kind of house your recipient lives in. Is there someone at the door? Is the entrance easily accessible?
Are there neighbors who can take the flowers and give them to the recipient if they’re not home? Tell as many details as you can to make sure everything goes smoothly.
Step 4: Get Notified About the Result and Leave a Review
If possible, ask the company of your choice to notify you about the outcome of the delivery. You’ll surely receive gratitude from the recipient, but it’s always nice to know in advance if everything is alright.
After all, don’t hesitate to write a review on the website of the service, Google My Business company profile, or an independent source.
A lot of people choose florists according to their customers’ reviews.
So, you can help someone pick a nice delivery that will bring joy to their family or friends.
“Flowers don’t tell, they show.” – Stephanie Skeem
While flowers don’t tell, you can tell everyone that the service you’ve used is good/bad and has certain pros and cons.
How to Deliver Flowers to Someone: Handy Tips
Here are some tips and general useful facts about flower delivery:
- A floral arrangement is a great gift idea for someone who seems to have everything. If you have no idea what useful present to give to someone, a beautiful flower set with additions like balloons or fruit can come to the rescue;
- Always have a couple of companies in mind when planning a flower delivery. You never know when your favorite arrangement can become unavailable or when your regular service closes due to an emergency. It’s especially important now during quarantine;
- Make sure your arrangement has maintenance tips and some flower food to nourish the beauty you’re sending. If there are no such services available, gather some maintenance tips yourself and send them as a file or a letter (how romantic!) to your recipient with some sweet message;
- Always read the small print. Some companies may have hidden fees or penalties you have to be aware of before ordering a bouquet;
- Find out if the service is working on weekends and holidays. Some companies take Sundays off, and in such a case, you need another service to substitute your regular one in case you need a Sunday delivery.
FAQ on Flower Delivery and Maintenance
Here you can find answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about flower delivery.
Can I Change an Arrangement a Bit Before Delivery?
It depends on the company, but usually, you should be able to change the chosen arrangement a little bit. A florist makes it from scratch anyways, so why not adding or removing something? There might be changes in the price of your gift as well. Make sure you clear these moments up with customer support.
Is It Better to Order Via Website or Phone?
Both options are equally good. Your choice should depend on what’s more convenient for you. If online forms are fine, make use of them. It’s very convenient since you won’t forget any piece of information. If something is missing or is specified in the wrong format, the order won’t be created.
On the other hand, if you’re not good with online forms and websites, it’s better to call the company to make an order. Their operator will make sure you give all the necessary information. Plus, it’s easier to add comments to your order if you’re talking to a human and can explain what exactly the arrangement should look like.
How to Send Roses to Someone?
Details on how to send roses aren’t different from any other type of flower. The most important thing is the availability of roses at the time of your order. When choosing a delivery company, make sure they have all kinds of roses and that they are fresh. This is one of the most beautiful flowers, but if it’s not fresh, the bouquet will lose its magic.
How Do I Maintain My Flowers?
Some peculiarities might differ depending on the type of flowers you order, but the basics are:
- Change water every day;
- Rinse the vase and the flowers’ stems when changing water;
- Use preservatives to prolong the bouquet’s life;
- See if the company added a list of guidelines on maintenance to the arrangement;
- Cut the stems a bit every now and then;
- Make sure the flowers have enough water. It’s absorbed by the stem walls as well.
A lot of companies promise a 7-day freshness for their florals, but some flowers just can’t hold their form and beauty for such a long time. By doing all of the above, you’ll prolong their life for as long as possible without artificially beautifying them.
“Flowers are the music of the ground. From earth’s lips spoken without sound.” – Edwin Curran
Sending floral arrangements isn’t that difficult, so make sure to let your loved ones know you miss them and remember about the important dates. Remember that if you aren’t sure how to send flowers online, you can always contact a customer support team of the delivery company of your choice.
They will provide you with tips on maintaining the bouquet, pricing, delivery time, and more.
This tutorial contains all the basic steps you’ll need to take, but every company is different. So make sure you find a high-quality ally in sending love and learn how to use their services! And make use of recommendations on the maintenance of the flowers and communication with delivery companies.